Consumer trends focusing on sustainability, health and freshness have placed significant pressure on the food industry to innovate with new food products, production technology, and environmentally friendly processes.
Many food producers are exploring how to process the wave of demand for sustainable, healthy, and innovative food. The search is for innovation in processing, ingredients, and economically friendly low-cost production technology. Consumers want products with healthy ingredients and “clean labels.” A clean label means making a product using as few ingredients as possible and making sure that those ingredients are items that consumers recognize and think of as wholesome or healthy ingredients.
Capsoil’s technology is perfectly in-line with these consumer demands for healthier foods, lifestyle, and environment.
The ability of the Capsoil technology to produce nanometric powder that enables the lipophilic oils(non-Polar) to successfully mix with and be absorbed by the body’s aqueous environment (Polar) creates a long list of potential applications in the food industry.
- Enriching Foods with Nutrients – using Capsoil enables mixing oils (non-polar) with the water’s polar environment, such as adding Omega-3 or Vitamin D to a yogurt or a beverage.
- Innovative Mixes – mixing ingredients that could not have been mixed before, resulting in new flavors and product forms. An example is adding CannaPowder to coffee for even dispersion of the cannabis oil in the coffee.
- Better stability – improved formulation stability results in longer shelf life.
- Reduced production cost – Capsoil nanometric powder has increased bioavailabily so less oil is needed to achieve the desired results.
- Improved Food Coloring – most pigments are oil based and cannot achieve uniform dispersion over the target area. Conversion of oil to nanometric powder will provide food manufacturers with consistent, uniform coloring.
Many nutraceutical supplements and vitamins are oil-based. Using Capsoil’s nanometric technology, these supplements and vitamins can now be added to a wide variety of foods & beverages enabling the creation of new and improved products with important health benefits for consumers. Examples of these supplements are:
- Vitamins A, D, E, K
- Fish Oil (Omega-3)
- Turmeric Oil
- Oregano Oil
- Aztaxanthin Oil
- Blackseed Oil
- Chia Seed Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Paprika Oil
- Co-Enzyme Q10
- Argan Oil
- Avocado Oil
- and more…